Based in Columbus, Ohio, Hexion Inc. is the global leader in thermoset resins. Through a broad range of thermoset technologies and specialty products, Hexion serves and supports customers in a diverse range of applications and industries.
Hexion materials are found in products that touch nearly every facet of modern living. At Hexion, we believe that leadership begins with integrity, ethics and environmentally sound operations. When you work for Hexion, you are partnering with a company that is not only focused on delivering value but on doing it in a safe, ethical and environmentally responsible manner.
The Global Total Rewards Consultant will have a key role in supporting the strategic initiatives for the newly formed Global Total Rewards Center of Excellence (COE), which includes Compensation, Retirement and Health and Welfare for Hexion. This position will contribute to the COE by researching cutting edge market trends, analyzing how to incorporate new offerings and where our current offerings fit into the global marketplace, creating C-suite level information, managing projects in a matrix environment, and supporting a holistic view of Total Rewards.
- Responsible for all aspects of the company pay program, including job description development, job evaluation, creating and maintaining salary ranges, participation in compensation surveys and collecting competitive data.
- Review our current programs, and establish and maintain a picture of where Hexion is situated within the market and conduct/oversee/gather market analysis to ensure competitiveness
- Research emerging trends to determine the applicability to Hexion
- Analyze the costs of our programs and make suggestions to reduce cost/increase value
- Design dashboards and other summary devices to maintain a pulse of Total Rewards programs
- Must have an excellent relationship and communications with the HR Process Owner (HRPO) and HR Service Center (HRSC) teams, and other internal partners
- Assist in creating buy-in to changes that will require the creation and presentation of materials to various HR groups and up to the top levels of the organization
- Regularly report out Total Rewards metrics/data and key findings of analysis’s
- May conduct internal studies/surveys to keep a pulse on our internal expectations/satisfaction with current total rewards mix
- Provides context and training to constituents on new programs
Programs and Policy
- Support the continuous improvement of existing Total Rewards programs as well as assist with the design new Total Rewards programs that support the objectives of the organization and fit the culture
- Develop change management and milestone plans to execute the delivery of new programs
- Ensures a smooth transition of any new programs to those teams
- Reviews and evaluates Total Rewards programs and collaborates with HRPO and HRSC teams to find opportunities for continuous improvement or complete redesign, as the situation is warranted
- Act as a “level 3” final escalation point for the Process Owner group for issues that have the most complexity
- Applies knowledge of competitive practices to the review of policies and ensures they align with the mission of the organization
- Continues to review policies and devise ways to better communicate current stipulations, as well as update the content itself.
- Minimum of 6-9 years of experience
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- Ability to take initiative and work independently in a matrix environment
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Experience with Project Management
- Ability to manage projects without direct authority
- Experience with Change Management
- Excellent written and verbal communication with experience in Corporate-wide Communications
- Organized, creative and self-directed
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of personal ownership
- Ability to work across the globe with people of different cultures, generations and experience levels.
- Must be able to be flexible/agile in a changing environment and unexpected priority changes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Human Resources, Business or other relevant discipline
- Experience in two or more of compensation, executive compensation, benefits, retirement, general HR, HRIS or similar.
- Working knowledge of SuccessFactors HCM
- Certified Compensation or Benefits Professional (CCP, ACCP, GRP, CECP, CBP), Certified HR Professional (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP)
- Project Management Certification (PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CSP, CSD, IPMA, CPM, MPM, CAPM)
Apply by copying and pasting the following link into a new browser window: https://sjobs.brassring.com/tgnewui/search/home/home?partnerid=26486&siteid=6988#jobDetails=639002_6988